Over the last few months there has been some discussions about LandXML.org and its future. There is the start of a project within the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) to look at the user comunity of LandXML and to provide future assistance. A Land Development Standards Working Group is being commissioned and the Australian Community is being represented on the Working Group by Chris Body from Australian Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism, he will be acting on behalf of the ICSM which will be supporting him.
Advice has been given that the LandXML Schema is open source and available for use, the complication is with the LandXML Domain, more details will be announced in the near future.
The ePlan Working Group members presented at the SSSI National Land Surveying Conference in Melbourne on 20th April 2012. Mark Deals (NSW), Mohsen Kalantari (VIC) and Nev Cumerford (QLD) presented on the following topics:
- Brief History of ePlan
- Benefits of ePlan
- Update from a National Perspective
- Five stages of Digital lodgement:
- 1) Protocol 2) Internal Process 3) Services 4) Approval and 5) Value Add
- The Unified ePlan Protocol (Structure and Common Elements)
- How will industry generate an ePlan and updates on working with surveying software vendors
- Details of LandXML and how it relates to ePlan protocol from a NSW perspective
- NSW, QLD and VIC presented updates on where each are in the implementation of the 5 stages
The presentation provided the audience with a good understanding of the status of ePlan across Australia, how it will affect them and how they can engage with the process and be part of the pilot.
|ePlan SSSI Conference Presentation [PDF - 11.7 MB]
Welcome to the ICSM ePlan Working Group community on GovSpace. The purpose of this site is to allow the ICSM ePlan Working Group to publish the latest ePlan documentation for stakeholders to review, implement and post comments on.